Apple wants me dead, and I haven't even jailbreaked my IPhone yet...

Don't worry mods, no actual jailbreak talk in here, it's windows/apple computer problems.

I REALLY don't know what I did to my PC, but I swear it wants everything apple to explode...

I'm running Vista, Symantec Anti-Virus, I've scanned with Spybot, and I've defragged... it finds nothing and I've still got the same problem.

As soon as I open quicktime or itunes, it crashes. As soon as I try to look at an embedded quicktime file online, Firefox crashes. I've re-installed multiple times now with what should have been the latest versions of each. There's no uninstall given to wipe the system of the previous version properly, there's no entry of either program in the Programs/Features part of the Control Panel, and when I try to delete the folder manually it just says no.

I'm pretty stuck on this one. My options seem to be 1) re-install windows, 2) buy a mac, or 3) don't use my IPhone for music.

As for just jailbreaking it so I don't have to USE Itunes, which I would prefer, I got the phone off a friend with the latest software update and an MC model #. I believe that means it's not an option for me yet.

Help?

2) buy a mac

kraft_macaroni_and_cheese_spirals.gif

facepalm.jpg

51OrmOjizSL.jpg

istockphoto_394164-problem-solution.jpg

Mac Pro - $1700 (or best offer - OBO)

Used - a little less than two years, some cosmetic scratches on one side, hardly ever stressed. Mostly has been used for typesetting math documents.

Leopard (OS X 10.5)

Two 2.8 Ghz Intel Xeon "Harpertown" CPUs

8 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2600XT (256 MB)

500 GB Primary Hard Drive

750 GB, 1.5 TB Secondary Hard Drives

Logic Pro 8 (Academic Version)

Keyboard + Mouse

Don't worry mods, no actual jailbreak talk in here, it's windows/apple computer problems.

I REALLY don't know what I did to my PC, but I swear it wants everything apple to explode...

I'm running Vista, Symantec Anti-Virus, I've scanned with Spybot, and I've defragged... it finds nothing and I've still got the same problem.

As soon as I open quicktime or itunes, it crashes. As soon as I try to look at an embedded quicktime file online, Firefox crashes. I've re-installed multiple times now with what should have been the latest versions of each. There's no uninstall given to wipe the system of the previous version properly, there's no entry of either program in the Programs/Features part of the Control Panel, and when I try to delete the folder manually it just says no.

I'm pretty stuck on this one. My options seem to be 1) re-install windows, 2) buy a mac, or 3) don't use my IPhone for music.

As for just jailbreaking it so I don't have to USE Itunes, which I would prefer, I got the phone off a friend with the latest software update and an MC model #. I believe that means it's not an option for me yet.

Help?

What iPhone hardware model are you using? What version OS is installed on it? Which version of iTunes are you trying to use?

Before anything else I would try this.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7 However if you're actually missing the "Uninstall" in the Control Panel then something bad must've happened and you might want to dig for more detailed removal instructions.