DC Universe Online

no i meant people are making up superhero names

but hey on second thought all the retarded names will probably just be handmedowns from city of heroes users

My favorite lackluster name I have seen so far is Speedster.

As far as CoH is concerned, DCUO is a much faster paced version of it with name brand heroes and villains. I'd recommend it Kyle. If you preorder it before the 30th and send them a receipt, you can get a Beta invite. Also they are saying it is not Pay to Play, so it is a better deal than CoH too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have reached Level Cap and have started this whole raiding thing.

The game seems to hate me, as I never get loot drops, or when I do, the item in question comes to me, then leaps out of me like I have AIDS.

On the upside, Superman said I was now an official member of the Justice League and Batman gave me a Thumbs Up.

So be looking for issue 1 of Canned Heat, coming soon from DC Comics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A combination of the on and off conflicting "its free, its pay, its free, its pay", the lack of info as far as release date up till a couple weeks ago, and basic lack of interest due to hating just about everyone I met playing the beta, I am cancelling my preorder. No reason to stress my budget right now to pay 100 bucks before next week on the CE. Maybe if the game adds some content, and I see that the community is better later on down the road I might try it again.

A combination of the on and off conflicting "its free, its pay, its free, its pay", the lack of info as far as release date up till a couple weeks ago, and basic lack of interest due to hating just about everyone I met playing the beta, I am cancelling my preorder. No reason to stress my budget right now to pay 100 bucks before next week on the CE. Maybe if the game adds some content, and I see that the community is better later on down the road I might try it again.

Well that blows. Me and a few OCAD friends are playing this. I do agree that the 100 cover charge for the CE is kinda lame. Don't give up on us Andy, we will play with you!!

So SOE totally lied to us and DCUO is indeed Pay-to-Play.

Following is the official pricing.

Suggested retail pricing:

USD $49.99(PC) and USD $59.99 (PS3)

Suscriptions

1 Month - $14.99

3 Month - $41.99

6 Month - $77.99

12 Month - $143.99

Lifetime Subscription - $199.99 (Available on PC only)

whoops forget it, count me out

• 1 month later...