*NO* Castlevania 'Vampire Killer Garlic Mix'

djpretzel

Hi :)

Here is my latest and first remix for ocremix.

Contact info :

Remixer name : Oryx

Email address : oryx31@yahoo.fr

User ID : 19947

Remix info :

Title : Vampire Killer Garlic Mix

Comments : I spent hours playing and enjoying Castlevania, so I've made a remix. ;)

Name of the game remixed : Castlevania

Original Songs : Vampire Killer, Stalker

Link :

Regards :)

Oryx

Little areas where you changed the notes like at 1:18 & 1:26 didn't really work, and almost seem to pay lip service to the concept of rearrangment. :-) The sounds were pretty basic, but I really enjoyed the overall groove of this. If you're gonna go more of the cover route, you'd really gotta refine your stuff more and give things some power along with more unique textures/sounds. Otherwise (though you had some good layering of the melodies from 3:30 toward the end), you need to dramatically rearrange things more to make up for lacking sounds. Hit up the ReMixing 101 forum for advice on how to strengthen your percussion work in particular. Too bad you never submitted this 2 or 3 years ago instead, bro.

NO

I agree with the sum of the votes in general. But not when breaking down to some specific statements here. There is a shopping list of issues here that does not include pickles and cheese.

As a huge fan of the series, I know the music by heart. This is conservative in my book, but no where enough to call it almost a cover. I do not think it is passable though in the arrangement department. I suggest the mixer strongly reconsider resubmitting with more work done to change things up a little more. Change the structure here and there more. Change the meter or rhythm some more.

There's some coherence and execution problems here. Some transitions aren't as smooth as it could be.

I do agree there are some questionable notes here too. Those need to be fixed. Such as 1:43/44 with the organ.

I really loved the whole style of this piece though. The instrumentation and percussion is interesting. The organ fits in my opinion. I also really like the deep, thunderous percussion here.

Fix this up and resubmit. I really hope to hear more from you in the future. NO for now.