Give this Synth1 patch bank a try

Nase

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

it's the most well-rounded Synth1 bank i've heard to date.

hardly any patches that i didn't like. the bread and butter patches are tweaked to perfection imo, but there also are some fairly complex pads (for synth1 anyway), some nice pseudo-PM sounds (approximations of acoustic sounds), and a few FX patches i'd actually use in a tune...

some are really fun to play as well.

currently jamming on KYS Vybres :)

honestly, these sounds are more usable to me than 80% of the stuff that my few commercial plugins come with. they're also a great testament to the timelessness of synth1 (which recently got a nice update, btw).

Crap, I'll have to try this out. Zircon introduced me to Synth1 a few weeks ago, and I haven't had a chance to mess with it. But if this is a Nase-approved bank, I forsee fun times ahead.

do mess with it, it's extremely easy to get started with.

for the lulz: little orchestral cheese demo using the brass and flute patches, along with some percussion patches by kaiyoti and a few older ones i made.

http://tindeck.com/listen/hckt

Synth 1 x 26, nothing else.

Goodbye multisamples? i think not :B still, i'm often surprised by what this little unassuming synth can do.

nice--will definitely try this out soon. pleases me to know that the VST itself is actually still being updated too, wow!

Quality presets are really essential for me when using Synth1 because there's too many knobs for me to tweak (haha, i know...) when compared to my 3xOsc staples, so it's harder to use "quickly" for things like OHC. Not that I =mind= having those knobs to tweak, mind you. Just saying I really appreciate the presets.