Splatter House 3 Third floor Dance-Metal?

Mak Eightman

I like it! Good solos, clear execution, guitar rythm clear too. I dont know the original but I apreciated the theme. However, I feel the whole mix empty, cause its a WIP isn’t? I was thought that it'd be more heavy too, thinking in an Industrial Metal. Well.. Keep rockin!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

duuude this is fucking badass. I think we may have a winner on our hands here.

I only had a couple of issues with it. One is that the first synth lead may be a little too uninteresting. It's not a deal breaker for me, but maybe you could do something to spice it up a bit. Also in the guitar solo, I notice you don't do very much vibrato on held notes. You should! It makes leads sound a lot more alive. aside from that I really liked the solos. Nice shredding :)

I really liked the bit at 2:16, but I'm thinking it's getting a bit over compressed or something because it just doesn't feel like it has the same power as the rest of the track, which isn't right because it's clearly written to be very intense. This is a kind of minor issue because It does sound pretty good as is, but it just feels a little off.

Production in general is really solid. Everything is sounding nice and big. Good stuff.

First synth is same as original, cause otherwise judges say fck off again:-D

I totally agreed about lead guitar(if you mean 1:39). Also, it was kinda pain in the ass for me, to play "that". Lot of timing issues and other stuff like that.

Yea. I'm suck in guitar leads. Which is why my answer to this:

I think we may have a winner on our hands here

Is: Blsht!:<

I'll try to rerecord that lead again, when i have some more feedback. Or IF I have:?

Thanks a lot dude!!

Btw!! You'll be waiting forever if don't PM Mods!

• 2 weeks later...

As it is this is definitely pretty solid. Punchy guitars, and a great layering of synths and whatnot.

Two things would seal the deal and make this ready for subbing:

1) go tighten those lead guitars so they are TIMED AS TIGHTLY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. When you mix electronic genres with live instruments, they pretty much need to be as close to perfect as possible, otherwise the performance feels doubly clunky and sloppy in comparison to the super tight quantized instruments.

2) work on the transitions between and within sections a bit. Add some subtlety and motion to them so that they feel fluid and natural. A rising pad here, a backing arp there, some drum fills here, etc. etc. Really that is what is going to put the final flavor on what is already something quite solid.

Get back with some revisions and we'll see if it is ready to sub.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...