*NO* DuckTales 'African Mines'

djpretzel

Hi,

Here's my first contribution to OCRemix -- a recording of Duck Tales' African Mines, with sampled drums, guitars and piano. Someone said it's too short, but I don't believe them before you say so. :)

mp3 is at

So here's...

Contact info:

My remixer name: Lie Mf B

Mail adress: henrik.lidbjork@home.se

OCR forum ID number: can't find it...

ReMix Info:

Game remixed: Duck Tales (for NES)

Song title: African Mines [let me know if the title needs to be more original]

My comments:

This song is part of my "Sex, Drugs n' Nintendo" CD that I recorded consisting of 14 classic NES songs. The aim has been to do NES songs with real instruments, with the slight exception of sampled drums and bass played on electric guitar. Most of my songs are very close to the originals in terms of arrangement, but instead more original in their instrument sounds. Using drums from old 60s and 70s rock and funk songs help give them an organic feel, and the electric guitars and acoustic piano are real -- just miked for recording. It's rough sometimes, not always tight, but fairly funky... This rarely remixed song, from the wonderfully rock 'n' rolling Duck Tales game has an improvised piano track along the lead guitar, and drums from Black Sabbath's "Behind the Wall of Sleep" from 1970. Hope you dig it! The rest of the CD is available at http://lidbjork.homelinux.org/nintendo

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Henrik

Too bad you never heard of/submitted to OCR 3 or 4 years ago. This would have been gold then, but as is now, it's indeed too short and underdeveloped.

Don't have the original to compare with (never played DT, I always had Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers; someone go mix that), so this may be just a straight cover, but the feel here is pretty hot, so it's not really worth a NO Override if it's note-for-note.

A real keeper just in terms of the style, definitely a great funky vibe here that could use more ideas to pimp it out there. Don't stop with just 90 seconds / 2 iterations of this stuff, rather expand the ideas with some further rearrangement and some freestyle sections. Nice work so far, Henrik.

NO