Rock-Electric-Metal-Else Album comming

I'm working on my album, and already have 5 tracks of it (instrumental for now). Theres two tracks of it.

http://official.fm/track/144321 - (WIP, thinking about vocals)

http://official.fm/track/125783 - (finished, it will be Intro or Outro or something)

I like lots of different music from classical orchestra to metal crazy and blues. So I don't actually know what this album will be in the end. Some kind of multi-mix of music directions maybe. Anyway, I need to hear some critic or advice(better) cause I'm n00b in music:banghead: I'm still learning.. So I need your advice! Thanks!!

Awesome stuff man! I love the production on it as well. It really sounds tight. What do you use to make your music?

I really love how you took the traditional blues riffs and made it into a nice sort of hard rock/electro song with Uneverse in my veins. Awesome feel to that one man. The only real suggestion i would make is to maybe used a slightly more distorted bass? Only cause that might help with the sound your going for. I also love The Open Door, great fast chugging riffs always makes for a great song. Otherwise, great tracks man.

Also, this album, so far, reminds me a lot of a band called

. That's a link to a song on youtube called Cyber Christ. Great band, and that's a good thing, cause i'm digging your stuff now. :D

Thanks man. I use lot of tools, tell me what do you want to know. Thanks for advice about dist bass, but I try it once and actually don't like it. But I know lot of great things with it so I think I'll try some once again.

I have a BIG problem with quality of my tracks and I don't know what to do for now. So if you can help me with it, it will be nice. I heard your mixes on YouTube. Its GREAT! I wish I have those quality.

I actually don't think the overall production is that terrible for your mixes. The one thing i do notice is that when the drums kick in full speed, ie in The Open Door, they seem to be very overpowering. One way to combat that is make sure your drum pieces are separate. I always do the kick drum separate from everything else and just compress it slightly then boost its low end slightly for more punch.

For the overall quality. Its all, at least i've noticed, about compression and EQ. When it comes to hard rock and especially heavy metal tracks, you're gonna need a lot of compression. I usually heavily compress any and all guitar tracks. As well as the bass track. When it comes to drums, i always compress everything but the kick drum. But not too much cause the hi hats i've noticed get a little distorted. Also, something as simple as lowering all yours tracks volumes slightly will let you raise the whole project volume back up and not make everything sound to compressed together.

Your guitars seem to be mixed decently and don't cause a problem for anything. Same with bass and any and all electronic instruments you have going on there.

I'm hoping this helps a little. I'm usuall a little better with explanations, but its late for me over here and i'm exhausted, lol. Anything else you need help with, let me know as i'm looking forward to hearing more from you. :D

Thanks for helping me man! I write every section of track separated( electronic then drums(listening electronic)) Then I recording Bass, then guitar. I'm nooby in music stuff so I don't know how use compressor. I'm using standart presets in compressor(DSound RT player. One thing about my guitars.. I guess you noticed that guitars sounds "far" some kind. I hope you understand my english :D Just for example listen your or any famos rock(metal) mix and my and you understand. I don't have any processor or amp or anything for guitar. I'm using Guitar FX box v2.6 for my guitars and bass and clean them up then. My english.. Again:D Thanks!!

Thanks for helping me man! I write every section of track separated( electronic then drums(listening electronic)) Then I recording Bass, then guitar. I'm nooby in music stuff so I don't know how use compressor. I'm using standart presets in compressor(DSound RT player. One thing about my guitars.. I guess you noticed that guitars sounds "far" some kind. I hope you understand my english :D Just for example listen your or any famos rock(metal) mix and my and you understand. I don't have any processor or amp or anything for guitar. I'm using Guitar FX box v2.6 for my guitars and bass and clean them up then. My english.. Again:D Thanks!!

Your english is fine my friend! :D

Like i mentioned, compression is the best tool for rock/metal music. You should be able to turn up the volume on the guitars a little bit and they should be fine. Obviously, the overall goal is to get every instrument heard and heard well. I mean to ask if your guitars are recorded live or not. I'm glad they are, you play great buddy. Also, i use a Line 6 Toneport UX1, same basic idea as your Guitar FX box.

Keep up the good work as said before man!

Well I used your advice about compression.. And so this is it:

stats.png I compressed every section of it separated. Sounds clean but not as loud as it need. But I maybe done something wrong.

http://official.fm/track/149204 I compressed entire track and then normalize it. Louder but not so clean i think. I still looking for good guitar processor, cause guitars sounds pore. In my opinion. Anyway this is another one composition from my album. Funny thing))

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, I need to hear some critic or advice(better) cause I'm n00b in music:banghead: I'm still learning.. So I need your advice! Thanks!!

WTF? I wish I had played in "n00b" bands like that when I was growing up. Your music sounds awesome man! The only thing: each of the songs feel as though they need a strong melody (or a stronger emphasis on the melody if it's already there and I'm just not noticing it)... I would prefer to keep listening to these as instrumentals, but if you do decide to have vocals please proceed with caution; the music already sounds awesome in itself.

My favorite song is "The Tide" but it seems like you need to develop it more (unless it's just a preview for now. The other songs seemed "complete."). It seems like you're going in a progressive direction with this album so my best advice would be to listen to some ELP, Dream Theatre, or An Endless Sporadic (for newer fans) and just experiment with some synth melodies (typically square wave/ lead sounds). and the compression is great now (I don't think you can ever have too much compression on hard rock drums).