Email sub file Zelda3_SanctuaryMe_OC_Remix.mp3 -djp

Contact Info

Keefer

Christopher J. Keefer

chris.keefer@3web.net

Remix Info

Zelda: A Link To The Past

Sanctuary

Composed entirely of live performances (via Yamaha keyboard) by a single artist - namely, me. Each instrument recorded individually, then layered. Not quite as smooth sounding as tracker work, perhaps, but a hell of a lot more enjoyable - for me, anyways.

Enjoy.

Yeah, the instruments are pretty flat the whole way through unfortunately, which I suppose would work as something melancholy if the flatness didn't come across as so unemotive. Drier than school cafeteria turkey.

Everything from :54 to 1:37 sounds incredibly aimless. No apparent direction, I'm afraid. Do anything you can to bring the sound auntheticity up and give this some tangible direction/development.

NO

There are definite development issues here. The first half of the mix does sound aimless. There's no atmosphere, no emotion. The second half is much more interesting.

The production values in this mix are also below the bar. It really sounds like a 4MB GM font. We're not asking for studio quality work as a prerequisite, but this just sounds dull especially when many 8MB or greater soundfonts sound much better than this and are so very accessible.

Arrangement itself is decent. Expand on it more, especially put more meat into this mix like in the second half. Decent, not bad.

NO