*NO* Thunder Force 3 'Metalon'

djpretzel

Email sub file - Marcos Pascoli - Thunder Force 3 - Metalon.mp3 -

Note that our only existing Thunderforce mix is from 4, approved by the panel. Might refer back to that decision/mix briefly before you judge this - http://www.ocremix.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00838

djp

Your ReMixer name - BrainCells

Your real name - Marcos Pascoli

Your email address - braincells@terra.com.br

Name of game(s) ReMixed - Thunder Force 3

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Gorgon

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

I play guitar for 16 years now, and making Video Game music is my #1 hobby, as long as the song ask for Heavy Metal. This one screamed for me and I just did it....

Sorry if I did something wrong, but it´s my first time as a user.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/tforce3.rar - "Venus Fire"

Not enough here, Marcos. Going into 1:18, one really expects this to be building up towards something and then you get a just a crummy/abrupt drum close at 1:31 instead.

Besides, this is just a one loop near-verbatim cover of the source tune. You'd be good to go if there was rearrangement substance to this, but there is none beyond the change in support chords. From your VGMix description of this, I doubt you realistically expected this to make it here anyway, since you know it's just a quick cover.

I'll patiently wait for Megaman "CutMetal" & Super C "Against the Rest" to show up on the panel or be direct posted.

NO

• 4 weeks later...
This is a straight cover version of the Gorgon Planet stage ( the fire stage ) heavy metal style, short and to the point. Nothing more than that, no ambitions on this one, just the original theme played with guitars, the way I always wanted to hear it...

Er, well that's not what we're really about. I don't play guitar, so to me this sounds great. However I don't hear anything different from the original, and it's not often that we get a submission that is half the length of the source.

This just doesn't follow the guidelines, there is no re-arrangement here. Ending is also very abrupt and unsatisfying.

NO