*NO* Kaleidoscope 'For All That Remains'

Palpable

one for Mattias - palp

Your ReMixer name - nobel 11

Your real name - Walter John Hunt

Your email address - walterjohnhunt@gmail.com

Your website - http://walterjhunt.blogspot.com/

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile - 33644

Name of game(s) arranged - Kaleidoscope

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Home (Main Theme of Kaleidoscope)

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site) - NA

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site) - NA

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. -

When I first heard Mattias' beautiful title song, the first feeling I had was (as much as I hate to admit it) jealousy. It's a perfect piece of music. But then, rather than simply accepting that, I took it as a challenge. Mattias had set the new standard that I would hold myslef to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

J-hosted source

I enjoy how chill this is. There's not a huge leap from the original, and that's what is really holding this track back from the site. There are a lot of new parts and little changes to make this really chill, but we need more expansion on the source. The use of panning really fit well with the Soundscape (get it?) you were going for, and I think it added some nice character.

Regardless, I think our lovable Swede is going to enjoy this.

NO (resubmit)

There are some minor changes to the track, but daaaamn is it similar to the original. There are a few minor additions, but it's the same tempo, same key, and some parts don't go anywhere. Like I enjoyed the panning arpeggio at the beginning, but then it just stopped randomly, leaving a huge hole in the soundscape. I know it's tough to remix a source that just has 2 alternating chords, and a decent effort was made, but this one feels pretty half baked to me.

Production seemed decent enough, with things being mostly clear, but i think this needs a lot more personalization and expansion to pass. Sorry man. :-(

No

Hehe, that opening synth totally sounds like the one from Chariots of Fire. Just sayin'.

Anyway, yeah... This is definitely cool and chill, but I'm afraid the arrangement is a little too close to the original as is. What you've done with it so far is definitely good, it just needs to be expanded. I think the Soundscape (har) is rather sparse at times, and if you're going to stick to the original key and tempo you may at least want to change up the chords here and there. I'd really like to hear a clearer bass sample, too.

NO (resubmit)