*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Cid's Anthem'

djpretzel

Sorry for disturbing again, but I somehow messed up the URL. My host does not allow direct linking anymore, so I have to trick it out.

The following URL leads you to a simple site with an hyperlink to the MP3 file. Just right click and choose save as, it should work.

Contact Info

Your ReMixer name: nocius

Your real name: Mario Dederichs

Your email address: nocius@web.de

Your website: http://www.nocius.de

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy 7

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Cid's Theme

Your own comments about the mix: Cid's Anthem is an powerful orchestral remix of Cid's Theme. I know, that Final Fantasy pieces are remixed quite often, but I've been encouraged by some friends to choose that theme. Besides, this track was always one of my favourite pieces, so I wanted to devote that song some of my time. I just hope, that this remix is good enough to be released on your page. If not, then I'm probably not good enough yet ^_^.

Feels like the original fairly simply orchestrated with THUMP THUMP THUMP...THUMP THUMP THUMP 2/3rds of the way, but I've got nothing to compare it with.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good base, bro. Not uber-hot orchestral, since THUMP THUMP THUMP ain't really clickin' here with the rest of the sounds, but you're already starting to the hang of some of this, like with these horn velocities. Refinement is needed, but it's pretty solid there, even if the horns are too loud themselves.

The strings indeed need more work to sound more natural, and the other percussion is a bit too far in the back, though I can see how you tried to create a certain feel that way. Hope you get some more advice on how to fashion orchestral material like this from other judges and on the WIP forum. You certainly sound like you have some talent, Mario, and the room to get better. Definitely keep at it.

Criminal ending. Abrupt and criminal, as if you just gave up trying to think of anything more. 2:26's transition sounded like you were really gonna develop this in a whole new direction with the arrangement and then [sputter], it's over at 2:39. WHAT?!? A cocktease of a submission right there. An ending like that would not N*Gage The Wingless's square-penix, I'm afraid.

NO