*NO* Kirby's Adventure 'Dark Base'

djpretzel

Email sub file Kirby's_Dreamland_Dark_Base_OC_ReMix.mp3 - djp

Remixer Name: Aamp

Email: aamp@shaw.ca

Name of game from which music was remixed: Kirby's Adventure.

Name of original song: I am not sure. It is very short, I think it is the music from a map screen; it is track #36 on the NSF file which can be found at Zophar's Domain.

Additional information: Kirby's Adventure was a game that was released for the NES in 1993 I believe. Music was composed by Hirokazu Ando and Jun Ishikawa.

I am leaving on a trip to Japan in a couple of hours and I thought what better way to pass the time other than to recompose some Japanese music, so I busted out my keyboard, opened a Kirby NSF file and looked for a simple track to play along with. I found a short repetative one and after figuring out what the notes were, I set out to elaborate on it and decided I'd attempt to create a trance track out of it. Though a remarkably peaceful sounding little tune on the nes, when I tried to reproduce it, it sounded dark and evil. I decided rather than making a soft trance track using the peaceful elements from the original, I would go in the other direction and run with my dark creation producing a deep heavy sound.

I could have made the track longer, but considering that the original is only about 10 seconds long, I had to do as much as possible to achieve a certain length while retaining an interest factor without it being too drawn out. I didn't want to use the exact composition of riffs as the original otherwise my song would have been too repetative, so I changed the riffs around while using some of the same notes. To me, the resemblence is tough to notice because I engulfed it in so much of my original material to make it remix worthy and to keep the track interesting. I guess this can either be a good thing, or a bad thing. The track overall is short and simple but could be effective if used as an intro track or an outtro track on a CD or, even as a track thrown into a playlist as an intermission song to change the mood for a breif period... I wish I had some better samples to work with though...

Sorry, but I don't have a website, so I'm going to send the song as an email attachment. Fortunately, the file is not too large due to the short length of the song.

Thank you very much for your time,

Aamp.

Not a bad over-compressed vibe to start off with, but the intro's way too long (with no particular substance) for a 2:49 track. Some simple ambient textures come in at :59, along with a nice addition to the beats at 1:13.

The melody coming in at 1:28 is totally in the wrong key compared to the beats, along with the percussion support coming in at 1:42 (which sounded too muffled). The idea for the ending at 2:26 was very anti-climactic/I give up-ish.

Not terrible, but I'm definitely not feeling how everything came together, given how it ultimately turned out. The intro needs the fat trimmed off, the notes to not clash, and needs much more substance crammed into the rearrangament for such a short track.

NO