*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Autumn Days'

djpretzel

Hello, David.

Basically, what I have tried to do here is combine a theme from Chrono Trigger (Peaceful Days) with some of my original melodic ideas. The idea was that the whole thing would flow as a complete song and people who are familiar with the original will have a kind of chorus and bridge part that is new. Seamless integration as it were. This in reality, isn't really going to be the case. My writing can't possibly stand up in terms of comparative quality. However, I do think it's a reasonable attempt and hopefully one that will prove enjoyable enough.

Details:

Artist: spacepony

Me: Richard Gaynor

email: ponytunes@btopenworld.com

Song Remixed: Peaceful Days (Chrono Trigger, SNES)

Remix Tittle: Autumn Days

Ok, I think that's all. Thank you for your time.

Rich.

I would say the material of new material and the arrangement does need to be integrated better. And there needs to be a stronger relationship between the two rather than a clear conservative/liberal/conservative/liberal structure in the way the mix switches back and forth.

I personally really like the style of this mix, especially with the 80s style drums. Enjoyable, but without more/better integrated arrangement, a lot of it is very conservative. Try changing the structure, form rhythms, key, expand the melody/harmony in a more integrated way. Something to add to the arrangement value of this mix, that shows of your style. Keep at it, very promising work. But as is, it's a NO.

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Peaceful Day" (ct-1-04.spc)

Pretty straightforward call, done pretty well by Prot & Gray. Weave the arrangement and original ideas more cohesively as opposed to the structure you have now. Things sound good production-wise, Richard, and the transitions from section to section are very logical, but the formula here was pretty much arrangement/original/arrangement/original without being interpretive enough on the arrangement or integrating source tune elements in the original sections you created. Go for more actual rearrangement and resubmit. Cool mix per se, but outside of the OCR guidelines as is.

NO

first half exactly the same as the original, minus any dynamics. i had no problem with the "original" material. seems to me it's just a piano solo. maybe one or two altered chords.

there just isnt any subtlety to the remix. work on changing the velocity on the piano, and dont make any of the sections verbatim.

NO