*NO* Final Fantasy 9 'Kuja Club'

DragonAvenger

Pretty unrealistic guitar sample at the start there.

A bit too pumped on the compressor, this feels like it's being brick-wall limited. Drums are pretty much on loop. The lead synth is ok but a bit generic. The bass synths are so low it's hard to tell what they're actually doing, and that mega kick is basically masking them anyway.

I've just noticed that bass guitar riff you have at the start before the main drums appear is going all the way through the rest of the song, and I mean all the way. There are tons of chords it doesn't fit for, it just makes the whole thing muddy and confusing in the lower registers. Ending is either very lazy or a bounce error.

This needs a lot of work in the mixing department, and less compression. That bass guitar loop made it pretty obvious that you are relying on looping way to much. You need a much more developed arrangement to pass, having loops that go all the way through the whole song won't help you keep things interesting at all.

NO

yarrr over-compression ahoy! The drums are cool but way too loud and compressed to the point where you can hear every little artifact.

I liked the sound choices overall, but some of the rhythms are going too fast with the reverbs chosen, and the overall mixing is rough. The arrangement is a lot less blocky than the source, which is good, but the production is dragging this down.

The ending is also totally cut off.

Regardless, check out the WIP forums to get some production tips to improve this.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

I think the idea you have for this is actually pretty cool, but as mentioned, the production is what is really killing things, and you are relying heavily on loops. If those things can be addressed and fixed up this would be a lot of fun to listen to.

Please use our WIP forums to get this cleaned up. NO (resubmit)