PSP2 Images leaked

The Damned

I stopped caring about Sony's handheld offerings eons ago. An extra control nub and a stupid-looking, pointless touchpad on the back isn't going to change that. When Sony starts making good handheld software, maybe I'll give it a passing glance. Until then, I'll continue to await the glorious 3DS and its mouth-watering list of upcoming software.

also having a trackpad on the back of the thing sounds like the dumbest idea ever

Quoted for truth. I loved my PSP... the first 2-3 years, I built up a collection of about 20 games... which sadly is about how big the collection ever grew... there's just not enough on the platform that interests me... I play my Atari Lynx more than I play my PSP these days...

Hopefully the PSP 2 will remedy this... I'm always excited when a new platform comes a knocking :D

they don't need to because 1080p on such a small screen is useless. a lot of the ps3's power is used to render hd stuff

Nonetheless, I find it hard to believe mobile processing/GPU power can go much higher than the PSP, which can already do ~PS2-level stuff. That's why I'm skeptical this will be much more than a basic redesign as opposed to a true hardware upgrade.