OCR02193 - *YES* Pokémon Silver Version 'Argent Vexemon'

DragonAvenger

Project mix

If accepted, it's up to you guys whether it goes under "Pokemon Gold/Silver" (The original games) or "Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver" (The remakes) I based the remix on the original.

Here are the sources:

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZVvnxlKeY&

Remake:

Song is called "Ice Cavern" or "Dark Cave" depending on who you ask.

ReMix information:

My first ReMix since finally purchasing a music-capable computer. It's made mostly with Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Stylus RMX, with some default FLStudio sounds in there.

I remixed this one a while ago, but felt like having another go. The cool bassline from the original is what it was all about, and they removed it from the remake, so I centred this remix on making that bassline as hardcore as I could.

If the bass is either too muddy or too quiet, let me know which way so I can fix it. I'm mixing without a subwoofer for the first time since my speakers somehow broke in the move to my new house. I think it's ok. But it'll take some getting used to the calibration.

- Lee V. Barber

--------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZVvnxlKeY&feature=player_embedded#! (GB Ver)

(DS Ver)

• 2 months later...

This is actually pretty close to the original for much of it, but the focus on the intricate drum programming and effects really adds a lot, and there are some new elements in other sections. I loved the sinister, chilling atmosphere. Actually thought the bassline could have been meatier, but what you had worked. Cool stuff, Lee.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, short and sweet, this was more of a stylized, personalized take on it, but definitely got the job done. The piano during the chorus was a beautiful touch. I remember the mix you had on VGMix that was way more cover-ish and more of a genre adaptation. This one had a much more sinister vibe and stronger additive writing. Very nice!

YES