*NO* Sonic CD (JP) 'Glitter-Trance in K-Klub'

djpretzel

Catchy - djp

Hey all!

In an anticipatory response to my last e-mail to DJP, here's the Remix Factory's OC submission debut!

REMIX INFO:

URL:

GAME: Sonic CD

REMIX TITLE: Glitter-Trance in K-Klub

ORIGINAL TITLE: Stardust Speedway (JAP)

SYSTEM: Sega CD

COMMENTS: "A few of our producers have been fans of the OC community for a long while and it was only a matter of time before they convinced LB to let them submit a mix using the 'Remix Factory' guise. This track falls somewhere between funky-house and trance as well as using our traditional K-Klub (our most popular product) style - hence its title. We weren't sure about submitting a remix as we're an already established production outfit and it may upset some members of the community, but as it says in the guidelines "anyone can submit a remix" and at the end of the day, music is there to be shared. Plus, we're really excited about putting our first mix to the judging panel!!

CONTACT INFO:

REMIXER: Remix Factory

E-MAIL: info@remix-factory.co.uk

USERID: 21841

Peace out!

~ Mark

Donkey Kong Sunset]Just like the stuff we dealt with for the OCR1250 lockdown, it's unfortunate that we have enjoyable tracks that have to be turned down. This is certainly a well made trance-style remix of Aquatic Ambiance, and I enjoyed it. But does it do much to the source tune beyond the trance genre adaptation? Unfortunately, it does not.

So what we have is another case where an enjoyable remix doesn't fit the ReMix guidelines of OCR. While other judges or fans of the community will say differently, I don't feel OC's standard is the only way to make a good mix. It's a good standard mind you, and one we feel promotes more creative work overall, but it's certainly not the only standard out there and we don't claim that OC's standard is the only good one.

Nonetheless, this mix does nothing particularly interpretive with the source material on a rearragement level and isn't an innovative or expansive straight arrangement piece either, and that's where the vote stands.

Just replace "Aquatic Ambiance" with "Stardust Speedway (Good Future)" and there you have it.

NO

This is so great, catchy and enjoyable. But unfortunately the arragement is kind of conservative. There definitely are additions here, so I would not categorize this simply as just a cover. I suggest the mixer expand the ideas here more. In case the mixer isn't familiar with OCR Arrangement standards that would mean either changing the tempo, key changes, instrumental additions or subtractions, expanding the melody or harmony, genre change, changing the form or structure. At least several of these need to be met in order to go beyond a cover, conservative arrangement, etc.

I love the production values here. Great dense delay/reverb. Awesome in that aspect.

Please retool this and resubmit. I'd love to see this on the site. NO, for now.