FF7 Rap Album by Random (aka Mega Ran) - Releases 1/31, "Aerith" single out now

justinj212

Hey all! Random (aka Mega Ran), the rapper behind "Mega Ran 9" and "Forever Famicom", is releasing his "Final Fantasy 7" album on January 31st. His music does justice to the subject material and he has a way of connecting with gamers on a deep level. He really is one of the most talented, thought-provoking VGM artists out there, and I wanted to share the upcoming album with you guys.

The album page has the first single, "Aerith", available now (stream for free, pay what you want to download). If this track is any indication of what is to come, then we should all be really excited. Here's looking forward to 1/31/11!

Ah man, this is a bittersweet thing for me. I'm loving what the guy's doing here, his lyrics and flow are sick, but i've had a similar idea to do a R.i.P track to Aerith too mulling around in my mind for the last three years (i guess you snooze, you lose scenario, right). I write lyrics and rap but i can't compose music so i could never get a beat made to do the tune.

Still, i can't fault Mega Ran. As i said, i'm loving the guys flow. Some of the rhymes in that were genius, hats off to the guy.