Convert Piano Roll Pitch Bends to Pitch Bend events?

Grayburg

pianoroll.jpg

I'm more comfortable writing bends like this than to draw pitch bends in an event window, or even down under the piano roll. It gets messy having to draw exactly to which cent you want to land on. Don't you dare draw outside the window, either.

Is there a way to convert slide notes into events? Because if I wanted to perhaps save it as a .mid, those slide notes wouldn't be read at all. I'd have to go back and redraw every bend I wanted to have. It's just another part of my inefficient workflow.

After this current project, I'm probably going to just stop using those slide notes altogether and just deal with the event editor. Probably just going to use freaking MIDI Out channels, too. Pitch bends written in FL don't exactly bend to the same places when converting a project into a midi.

I think FL pitch bends are much better than event controls, and I think VSTi's should support them. But they don't.

It's something we as users of a DAW that has seemingly unthinkable and amazingly ingenious yet so ridiculously common sense features have to deal with. The rest of the music production world hasn't caught up. :(

But to answer your question, no, your best bet is to use the event editor. Sowwie. :(

• 3 weeks later...