*NO* Final Fantasy 8 'In Shadows - Theme of Edea'

DragonAvenger

Dear OCREMIX,

Kindly find the following information for my Arrangment " In Shadows-Theme of Edea"

--------

CONTACT INFO

Remixer name: LadyReemz86

Email: Ladyreemz86@hotmail.com

Website/site: www.youtube.com/user/ladyreemz86

UserID: http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=29766

GAME INFO

Name of game arranged: Final Fantasy VIII (8)

Name of individual songs arranged: "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" and "Sacrifice"

Title given to arranged track " In Shadows- Theme of Edea"

Composer: Nobou Uematsu

Comments:

This is a very simple and brief interpretation of the mysterious character of Edea.

The wonder and pause in the cover portray a bit of the unnaturalness of her possession throughout most of the game.

The tracks of Final Fantasy VIII has always struck something deep within me, and the tracks of " Sacrifice" and " FLWV" do in a dark mystic sort of way, which has led me to explore my own version of them.

--------------

Regards,

Reem Zaki

---------------------------

- Fithos

- Sacrifice

Neat take on these sources. Doing a nearly a cappella track is not easy, and there are a lot of good things going on here. Firstly, intonation is pretty good throughout, which is quite important when all the tracks are as exposed as this. Secondly, the countermelody-like additions niche very nicely around the theme, and the harmonies are also subtle but well used. I wish the words had been provided, but what I can make out (I am notoriously bad at being able to make out lyrics) work well.

The instrumental parts aren't cutting it for me. The bass notes are very mechanical, thin, and very short which sounds awkward compared to the rest of the track. I'd like to hear the bass beefed up a little to really solidify the lower end (within reason of not overpowering the vocals, of course). Along with that, the percussion sounds a very tinny. Also, the vocals and instrumentals aren't exactly lining up all the time.

Overall the texture is very sparse, which I do think works for this track, but there needs to be a little more added to this to give it a more solid ground to stand on. Nice to see you from youtube, I've liked your works for a while now, and I hope you relook at this one!

NO (please resubmit)

Overall there is huge potential here, but the track overall needs some polish. Deia has mentioned a lot of good point, though I did hear a few sour notes in a few spots. Your voice is lovely when you have it under control, and the counter melodies are excellent. The overall feel of this is excellent, but I do agree that the accompanying instruments sound overly staccato and thin.

This is a prime candidate for a resub, as the foundation and vision is very strong, but it just needs to be executed cleanly. Please give this one another shot, it would be amazing with some touchups. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

I can hear so much unrealized potential here. Very nice harmonies, and generally very creative arrangement. All the problems here are in production.

Your one person harmony deliveries are often inconsistent in length. Really noticeable due to the very 'essy' recording. It's also inconsistent in volume, as one part is often sticking out from the side which is a little distracting. They can also be very dry sounding, you should have a more consistent level of reverb. Some parts have it, some don't. You could try doing multiple layers for each part to create a bigger sound and a better blend.

Lastly the sequencing and mixing of the accompanying parts is pretty weak, mechanical and sparse.

I really want to hear an updated version of this. It's a great idea, with a very spooky source. You should try and get as much feedback for this as possible in the wip forums. Keep it up.

NO, resub plz