*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Sleep, Zelda, Sleep'

djpretzel

Name: Snooper_1989

Snooper1989@gmail.com

User ID: Snooper_1989

Name of game: Zelda - Ocarina Of Time

Name of individual song: Zelda's Lulaby

Comments: This just started out as a simple peice that went through twice but I was encouraged by a friend to extend it so I made it loop and then added on the ending. This was all done by recording through a midi port.

Link To Submission:

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - "Zelda's Theme" (LoZ-OoT_26_Zelda's_Theme.miniusf)

Though it's not a bad cover and creates a decent feel, this isn't interpretive compared to the original. Pretty empty at times, yet not emotive enough to make that sparseness work to the track's benefit. The winds at :45-1:14 & 1:32- are REALLY overpowering versus the other instruments. Tone 'em down a bit. Anyway, forget it. This is just a cover with relatively minor additions, so no dice, kid.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Comments: This just started out as a simple peice that went through twice but I was encouraged by a friend to extend it so I made it loop and then added on the ending. This was all done by recording through a midi port.

Big ouch, right there.

And it shows. repeats with little thought put into arrangement.

NO

oof, yes. Please, focus on really giving the piece your own interpretation and unique arrangement. There's a lot of great material to use. As it stands (which is not surprising based on what you said), it's quite plain and boring. Low quality samples, no real structural focus, poor processing, bad EQing/mixing.. just keep trying.

NO