Beyond Black Mesa - Half-Life Fan made short film

ZealPath

if you're a fan of the Half-Life series, I think they did a good job with what they had. Use of sound effects from the games certainly helped the atmosphere.

Plenty of things to nitpick if you're inclined but personally I'm willing to let them slide since it's a small group of indie filmmakers. At least someone is working on the Half-Life series :lol: .

You mean besides Valve? ;-)

Why are their zombies? Not headcrab zombies, but zombie-zombies. That doesn't fit at all. They had the means to put in holographic 3D effects, weapons fire, explosives, highlighted devices, and they did a good job on the Combine soldiers... but no headcrab zombies?

That fight doesn't fit very well. It's done nicely, but it doesn't fit with the context. I can't tell if this is a case of it being Half-Life with a fight forced into it, or a fight that is having Half-Life forced upon it.

This could have been completely unrelated to Half-Life, and it would have been just as good.

I just hope we see HL2 Ep3 sometime this decade, that's all I ask.

Kind of agree about the zombies though, with the good job they did on the combine, I'm not sure why they couldn't come up with some kind of headcrab hat. And yes the katana was very out of place, combined with the zombies that almost reminds me more of L4D than Half-Life.

Why are their zombies? Not headcrab zombies, but zombie-zombies. That doesn't fit at all. They had the means to put in holographic 3D effects, weapons fire, explosives, highlighted devices, and they did a good job on the Combine soldiers... but no headcrab zombies?

That fight doesn't fit very well. It's done nicely, but it doesn't fit with the context. I can't tell if this is a case of it being Half-Life with a fight forced into it, or a fight that is having Half-Life forced upon it.

This could have been completely unrelated to Half-Life, and it would have been just as good.

Pretty much my thoughts word for word. How can you do everything so awesomely and NOT do the headcrab zombies? Although I'm not sure I'd want to see a black leaper zombie strolling through Ravenholm...ughhhh.

But it was funny how the crowbar equals an automatic win against a katana.

And the chick shooting the dude pissing on the wall at the end was priceless.

I'll have to check this out at some point. Half Life 2 is amazing.

I just hope we see HL2 Ep3 sometime this decade, that's all I ask.

I hear that! Can someone tell me how we got a sequel to Left 4 Dead and Portal before we got a Half Life continuation? HL2 Ep3? HL3? Just give us something Valve, please!