TITLE : simon's quest castlevania 2 my remix title="medley : transylvania"

ARTIST :le gonzo

YEAR : 2004

GAME :plateforme aventure

You can find the remix on:

My E-mail : gonzololo@yahoo.fr

Web page : http://perso.club-internet.fr/laurent.blanot/index.html

Thanks

Pretty straightforward cover. Fairly enjoyable, but nothing new compared to other CV2 rock covers I've heard on the site. And, no, I'm not using the Minibosses as the measuring stick, but even "MiniMayhem" plays a little bit more with the theme by having some of the support instruments do some interesting embellishments.

I've heard tracks with very abrupt transitions work, like Marsland Brotherhood's "Speedy Guitar" and virt's "Warrior King", but you need to at least have some sort of sound effect or something there that marks those changes.

And (I hope I get past the language barrier here) please name your remix something more creative. Impressive cover, but the bar is higher than that. Bottom line, present something more interpretive and unique.

NO

Yeah, this is really too much of a cover, with very little variation or reinterpretation involved. Please add some transitions, while you're at it. On the technical end, the guitar playing sounds good to me, but I think it could be clearer and brighter in terms of eqing and reverb. The drums are fairly weak too - not so much in arrangement, but in timbre. The kick and snare are all right, though they need some extra compression and loudness, but the hats/crash are weak. Definitely change those or at least try to bring them out more with some high end EQing.

In short: fix up the drums more, add some solos/variation/improvisation, work on the structure. Keep at it.

NO