OCR mascot

Modus

I've honestly been wondering a while (and the Mascot Bio contest reminded me) why OCR doesn't have some sort of mascot. I mean, it's not surprising and completely normal to not have one, but we have a lot of artists here. Giving OCR a good "face" could provide that awareness boost OCR needs. Right now all I identify OCR by is that pair of headphones.

Even if the idea seems risky, why not just have some people come up with concept art and see if something comes of it? The headphones are nice but kind of "2004".

Ah, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant coming up with an actual character à la the FL studio girl or Mario.

But even tweaking that logo somehow... making it sleeker, is something I'd suggest. Now as I look closer, I think it's the text by the logo that bothers me more. It looks like a Flintstones font to me and is not particularly pleasing to the eye.

Does anyone else agree or is it just me? The text does genuinely stand out as dated to me.

Ah, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant coming up with an actual character à la the FL studio girl or Mario.

Where ya been? http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10920

But even tweaking that logo somehow... making it sleeker, is something I'd suggest. Now as I look closer, I think it's the text by the logo that bothers me more. It looks like a Flintstones font to me and is not particularly pleasing to the eye.

Does anyone else agree or is it just me? The text does genuinely stand out as dated to me.

It should look dated.

arkanoid_01[1].png

As a graphic designer, yeah, I agree. I dislike the whole corporate branding, however it's one of those things you've just gotta man-up and deal with. Pretzel obviously digs it and the whole thing is his brain child, so his word kinda goes. It's functional and works. Couple that with the fact the logo/font/name has existed for so long, it becomes awkward to change. People hate change, it confuses and scares them.

If anyone ever wants my advice I'd be happy to give it, but really, it is fine the way it is right now.

-----------

Also, Mirby, your game looks the lame. Yeah, I said it. Prove me wrong.

As a graphic designer, yeah, I agree. I dislike the whole corporate branding, however it's one of those things you've just gotta man-up and deal with. Pretzel obviously digs it and the whole thing is his brain child, so his word kinda goes. It's functional and works. Couple that with the fact the logo/font/name has existed for so long, it becomes awkward to change. People hate change, it confuses and scares them.

See, I didn't know the site operated like that. But when it comes down to it, it's just text and not that big of a deal. I thought I'd just throw that out there. Mostly I wanted to suggest a mascot, but that's already been addressed so booyah!

A game, eh? Will definitely check that out. But... it better not suck. :nicework:

EDIT: And if you need a trailer made for the game's release, I'm a motion graphics designer. Just sayin'!

Also, Mirby, your game looks the lame. Yeah, I said it. Prove me wrong.

To my knowledge, there has been no actual screens of the game released. Therefore, your assumption is based on an incomplete tech demo that shows off nothing of the actual content.

I think I just proved you wrong.

Also, a notable exception to your claim regarding change is the server move, which many were happy about it.