Help Needed

Dj Monkay

Accidentally didnt put the name of remix as title so sorry for that. I am a new member of ocremix and my dream is to at least have one song accepted into the forum. The song that i am remixing (which should have been in the title) is Mega Man X's Storm Eagle Stage. I know there are numerous problems with the piece but would like all comments and feedback to make this more tolerable to listen to. I was tryin to go with a sort of trance vibe but it can always be changed so any comments would help. Thank you for takin ur time in reading and lookin into this.

Click here to listen to Megaman X - Storm Eagle Tranced 04.mp3

Don't worry - you can use the 'edit' field to fix that.

Alright, that higher beep sound is not in tune with the track. Bring it down a halfstep, because it is really distracting.

The synths are ok (they could use some beef, but they're alright for now). The drums could use more kick in the bass. The second section of the source is terribly off. Listen to the source and fix the notes, there - it's very, very off, and especially in conjunction with that beeping it's just very distracting.

I hope that helps - good luck with it. Keep pushing and you might come up with a slow jam we can enjoy.

Yup, the beep is clashing. See if you can tune it to something more in line with the rest of the track. Melody gets weird toward the middle of the track, and I don't mean creatively weird, I mean clashing and just wrong. You've got a good base here tho, drums are a bit vanilla but work ok, and the big trance saw things might be overused in music overall but they're not bad.

So basically, everything Gario just said. :D

Thanks for the feedback. Even though most people would think your talkin bad about there creation but the comments really do help. I tried to make the music more tolerable and changed the annoying beeping to a low tone resonant. I switched the weird middle to try and match the original score. Hopefully i got the song back on track (which i highly doubt). More feedback plz. I know there is so much more i can do to this song. Now i will fix problems at hand and try to put another version up.