*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'El Tema de Terra'

djpretzel

Ok this is very loud. Next time try to match the volume of this with other songs so you don't kill someone's ears!

This sounds great, I'm loving the sound and rhythm. Unfortunately, it's just a guitar rendition, I don't hear any original sections, so for me this is a case of 'too similar to the original'.

Such a dan on the guitar, some improv would have really given this some flair and made it OC material.

NO

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ff6.rsn - "Tina" (ff6-201.spc)

I'll sum it up in 3 parts:

1. Needlessly loud

2. Melody obscured from 1:07-1:30 & 2:16-2:39 by the rhythm guitar

3. Cover track with some additional rhythm sections

This was some nicely done guitar muzak, but a cover. Good stuff, but not under the guidelines we go by. Though it's too loud, people would enjoy this. Post it to VGMix.

Good rhythm section work, certainly. Your skills are easily observed, Michael. Once you add your own compositional & rearrangement ideas into the picture to more substantially personalize the work, you'll be posted. Hope to hear more from you.

NO

i didn't think this track was at all bad. in fact, after the first listen, i didn't get why it had 2N rather than 2Y. the recording quality is impeccable, the performance is top-notch and inspired.

the problem is the arrangement. it does get boring because the rhythm chord progression does not change for the climax as it was already put into place right at the start of the track. you want that rhythm section to drive your climax because the fact that you're playing it more intensely (in such a loud mix) doesn't do a thing - it will almost seem as though the track had one dynamic throughout.

in its defense, there is good layering and composition with the guitar lines. i can count at least 3 or 4 instances of guitar at times and it creates a nice, rich acoustic soundscape

but i really wish you had gone somewhere else with this arrangement because it is all that keeps it back. this is something that needs to be shared, however, and i urge you to do so

sorry, NO