OCR01299 - *YES* Commander Keen 4 'Tuatara Swamp Jam'

djpretzel

Hiya!

Either ya can check it from www.mazedude.com and read the description and all that, or... here ya go.

Link:

Title: "Tuatara Swamp Jam"

Game: Commander Keen 4

Remixer: Mazedude

System: PC

Original composer: Bobby Prince

Another "swamp" remix, albeit much more world-music influenced, and jazzier than the last. Inspired and in part a tribute to one of my favorite instrumental bands, Tuatara. If you haven't heard their work, I highly recommend it. Amazing fusion, totally live.

Enjoy!

Oh, and if you didn't see it yet - I was on TV last week with my Capoeira group. Got to chill with Tom Arnold and them on Fox. In the Capoeira section of my site.

-Mazedude

http://www.mazedude.com

mazedude has a link to the original:

http://mazedude.com/originalvgmusic/Keen4-EatYourVeggies.mp3

i've already heard this one from when he posted it in the WIP forums.

while it doesn't particularly evolve within itself or from the original much...

there are some cool things going on with the percussion and some new harmonizations that make this mix interesting.

i'm gonna give this one a

yes

even though it won't be the best CK4 mix on the site (:

Thanks for providing the original, Chris. Too conservative than what I'm used to, to be honest. The original though is incredibly sparse, and this does a good job of filling it out, particularly with the new percussion work.

Good sounds; this mix was almost thunderous until things picked up at 1:09. Cool break section from 1:47-2:07, before moving back into the source melody. Cuts off abruptly during the fade at 3:23, bah.

Conservative work, but very expansive in terms of sound quality and support additions, which is all I need from sparse source tune arrangements covering most SIDs, MODs and so forth. Though he likes Mazedude, Ari's probably groaning that it's a rip.

YES