Legends' Lair (Indigo Plateau Orchestration)

I talked to TheGuitahHeroe, and I know he likes this piece very much, but I'd just like to see if I can get any feedback from you guys about this piece. I'm not sure if I want to submit it, I know it's certainly closer to the source material than most of OCReMix's accepted songs, but I'd at least like to hear what people with a lot more experience than me think. Please listen to the whole thing, it starts to vary from the original more and more as the song progresses. And I know the celesta is off key in the beginning and at the start of the loops, but it's supposed to be off-key. I think it gives the piece an unbalanced, sort of nerve-wracking feel to it.

Source:

Legends' Lair: http://www.box.net/shared/35g7cpdnrl

Drop the drums and celesta for the first while. Soften and draw out each note of the melody so it's a quiet, brooding mood. Then build up to the regular tempo and instruments.

This way, you get a feeling of "I'm entering somewhere mysterious and important" for the first 20 or so seconds, and you can start to bring the rest of the composition in. It makes the beginning easier to listen to and gives the listener a chance to get used to what you're trying to do.

Thank you. I was actually thinking I might add a little originally composed interlude that, in theory, would play in the game the first time your arrived in Indigo Plateau and would introduce this theme. Then each time after that, it would just go right in to the way it is now. Of course, I said "in theory" because obviously this song isn't in the game, it's just sort of a "my ideal world" sort of thing. Which is great, because, with music, you can at least still compose things the way you like them.

wel first of i think i shud say tht i dun liek teh celstazs in the begining becuz ethey sound out of the nots and they shoud be takn out but the rst of the sung sonds gud becuas is sodunds lik thtsong reqiem 4a drem or sumthin .or wateaver u cal it LOL but i liek it an i think itz a gud sung but i thikn it nedes to sond beater somehoe idk hw tho becauz i only hav like to yers of muaisc expoeriense so yah ill get bak 2 u on ths LOLOLOL

(I'll leave a somewhat better review when I have more time to do so :P)