*NO* System Shock 'SHODAN Re-Bourne'

Liontamer

Your ReMixer name: Jork

Name of game(s) arranged: System Shock

Name of individual song(s) arranged: "Level 6 Executive"

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock

Written by Greg LoPiccolo.

----------------------------------------------

Props for the unique source tune choice! Not the catchiest thing I've ever heard, but I hear the potential, and would love more System Shock submissions.

- "Level 6 - Executive"

Arrangement-wise, the track's slowed down from the original and definitely personalized with the instrumentation. That said, I wasn't really feeling the sonic pallette here. Maybe some other Js can delve into why that is, but none of the melodic or countermelodic instruments was pleasant to listen to.

The sequencing sounded too stiff and mechanical, and organic-minded instrumentation like the bowed strings really stuck out as a result, even though the sample quality wasn't poor. Texturally, this also felt too sparse, for example when things picked up at :19. The dynamic curve wasn't flat, but the dynamics weren't pronounced in any way. This basically had one and a half gears and a plodding pace.

It's not that I hate the piece, as the effort's clearly there. It just never clicks with a pleasing sound and meaningful sonic development. Arrangement-wise, you tried to do your own thing while retaining a lot of the structure of the original, but the dynamic curve got compressed and the sounds weren't pleasant.

NO

Larry's about hit up everything that I was thinking when I heard this. There is obvious effort in here, and there are some parts that do work, but overall things just aren't gelling together very well, and the stiffer sequencing isn't helping the situation. Parts like the intro really have some promise, but it feels like the balance is off just enough that it's not working for me. The flute-y synth at 2:03 is just unpleasant to listen to in that octave, which kind of seems like what you're going for, but it wasn't adding points for me.

This is coming off harsher than I want it to, because there is promise, in this. Parts like the intro and 3:03 are pretty cool, and enjoyable to listen to, for sure. Keep working on this.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

I generally agree with my fellow joojes, as there is potential here, but it isn't quite getting there. The balance overall seems very right-heavy, and the arrangement plods a bit, with a lack of dynamic contrast. The sequencing was mechanical as well, which left this feeling not as strong as it could have.

I enjoyed the guitar, but you'll need to tighten things up a bit more for this one to pass.

No