Gotham Central available digitally

DarkeSword

I'd like to let you know that Comixology, the folks responsible for the Comics app on iOS and Android devices, have released a couple of issues of Gotham Central on their digital store.

Gotham Central is an Eisner Award winning series published by DC Comics a few years ago, and it's one of my most favorite comic books ever. It's about the Gotham City Police Department; specifically, it's about the detectives who work in Jim Gordon's Major Crimes Unit. The series reads very much like a police procedural you'd see on TV (Law & Order, CSI, etc.), except that since it takes place in Gotham City, the detectives have to sometimes contend with crazy costumed villains as well. Batman is only a peripheral character, and much of the series focuses on the detectives' frustrations and resentment that comes from having to deal with Batman.

The first issue is available for free, and even if you don't have an iOS or Android device, you can still read it. Comixology is kind of like Steam for comics, in that you can add comics to your account, read them on your computer (in your browser), and then also have your account linked to any apps that they have.

Here's the first issue (available for free):

https://comics.comixology.com/#/issue/8840/Gotham-Central-1

They have up to #5 on the site; each issue after #1 is 2 dollars. GC ran for about 40 issues, and I believe Comixology plans on releasing all of them. Check it out!

If you like crime drama or Batman, I really recommend you check this out.