Name of game arranged - Doom Troopers: "Mutant Chronicles"

System: Genesis, SNES.

Name of individual song arranged - Mercury stage

Link to the original soundtrack -

Hello!! This is my second attempt to submit this remix. First one was off with:

"Started out awesome but then the out of tune lead came in and ruined it. :-(

please fix that and resend it."

And You damn right!! OUT of tune)

I changed rhythm and lead guitars sound to make them more powerful and interesting.

Some filter effects I used here, gave new life to arrangement(which remains the same, almost). Also I decided to change first lead from guitar to electronic, cause my guitar skills far from awesome. And it cause some interesting different with my first attempt.

At same time lots of mastering, EQ'ing and interpretation changes. I like what I made

after all. There is some improvement in my skills I guess and I like it. Hope You like it too.

Guitar "solo"xD at the end, may be little too hot in mid-highs, but still I think it sounds good and do it's job. Also You may hear some over-compression maybe.. But in my opinion this compression gives individual charm to this mix.

I love simple-strong-loud-charged sound, so I had try to do it.

Thank You for giving me second chance!! This remix became my first step to improve myself!!

P.S. Sorry for my english)

Mak, super glad you've been keeping up with submitting, because I'm hearing a lot of improvement in you over your submissions. There's quite a lot of energy in this one, which is really cool to hear. The arrangement itself adds a lot of personalization to this. There are a couple times where things get a little repetitive or stagnant, mostly the ares between your bigger sections, but they are pretty short overall and aren't much of an issue.

I'm noticing a lot of production issues, all of which are minor, but they unfortunately do add up. The good thing is that they'res nothing huge that is sticking out to me, showing your improvement. The balance overall is still not quite where it needs to be; some instruments are being overpowered or sticking out too much. Guitars are a little too loud overall. The synth starting at 0:53 gets (honestly) annoying, and could come down in volume. Drums are being overpowered at 1:27. Those are just a couple examples, but overall you should look through carefully, or get some other ears to point out all different points.

Serious improvement here, and it has some ways to go, but you're getting there!

NO (resubmit)

Definitely made some nice improvements to this since the first time around. There are some minor production issues, such as a few areas being over-compressed slightly, mainly when everything is going full power. For sections like this, you will want to EQ your rhythm guitars a bit, taking out some of the frequencies around 2khz. Doing this will help you hear all of the elements of the song at once for this section.

The arrangement I thought was great, cool transitions, good sounds overall, and just the right length. No need to change anything there. The new filters sound really cool, I think that is a good addition.

Overall this is really close for me, and i'm not sure where it will lead, but I think this has what it takes to be a really good mix. The creative arrangement, obscure source, and overall solid foundation mean that all you need to do is fix some of the compression issues.

So close, but No, please resubmit.

I really hope you resub this one more time! It's ok to PM me if you have questions. :-)

Not a whole lot to add to my fellow judges here. Things get very crowded and overcompressed when its firing on all cylinders. This is especially apparent

at 1:32 when elements like the drums start getting distorted from all the compression. OA gave some good advice in this regard.

There's a bell-type high synth that starts at :54 and plays continuously until about 1:43. It hits some mid-high/high freqs that started wearing on the ears after a while. I think it's the same synth at the very end. I'd eq out some highs at the very least or cut it down in general.

Great track here dude and very close. Tighten up the production and this will be ready to go.

No, resubmit please