Spiral Knights

NeoForte

Another thing to note is that Crystal energy is actually kinda cheap if you're just looking to go into the dungeon. $0.75 buys you 2 days worth of energy (200 points), and each step up gives you a slightly better deal. I actually went ahead and bought the $2.45 amount earlier just to get a bit more game time, I figured it was the best bang for my buck. It hardly feels like I spent anything at all and yet after 2 runs and crafting some jelly armor (I don't know anything about armor lines what is this), I still have around 550 or so energy. I'm starting to make sure I check the vendor at the terminal for tier 2 recipes, even if it's subpar I'm kinda itching to get into the deep. I can always theorycraft later, right? right??

I still haven't touched the free mist energy that I got from the start, so I'm cool for now. Although, I do recall there were some items which were explicitly forbidden from use from non-pay people in Puzzle Pirates. I haven't seen that yet in Spiral Knights, but it seems like I'm perhaps what many would call a "casual" gamer in this?

I still haven't touched the free mist energy that I got from the start, so I'm cool for now. Although, I do recall there were some items which were explicitly forbidden from use from non-pay people in Puzzle Pirates. I haven't seen that yet in Spiral Knights, but it seems like I'm perhaps what many would call a "casual" gamer in this?

That was only on the older subscription oceans, when I bring up that game, I'm talking about their doubloon oceans, which are the ones that have a microcurrency model like Spiral Knights does.

Well one way you can do it for those of us you have friended is look on your friends list, click on our name, and then click on "join" and the game will teleport you straight to us. Make sure you check where we are first before doing that, so you don't end up in the middle of a depth 16 area or something.

Thylacine, what's your IGN? I can add you to my friends list and the freshly baked "Ocremix" guild (hooray forced formatting)!

Alternatively, you can bring up your social tab by hitting f6, then click on friend options -> add friend, then put "Garianse" in it and I'll get the invite the next time I log in.

You know, I'm surprised you guys didn't go with "Overclocked Remix".
I... wasn't going to say anything.

And because I have been having trouble with the games I've been trying to play all night, I can't add the last people on my list. So, I'm not ignoring you, Garian. (I'm Thylacine, by the by. The nice thing about having a screen name of an obscure extinct creature is that you can grab it when public launches like this happen. As long as Australians aren't on the ball about it, that is.)

On a related note, is anyone noticing the game isn't playing music when they first boot up? Or is it my computer being not friendly?

Not sure if it's a weekend thing or what, but energy prices are spiking like hardcore. It was pretty low when I started around 3 or 4 am central, around 3450, but as the day has been going it's gotten up to as much as 3800, and is probably still going to rise because of demand.

The Author and I managed to be on a team that killed the King Jelly (u jelly?), now That was fun, except the dying repeatedly because we're still rocking 2-star gear mostly. I'm very close to getting a 3-star Shadow Alchemer though, should be good times :D

Edit: NeoForte: it seems to me that rushing gear is not all it's cracked up to be because of the EN costs. It might be a bit wiser to just buy more energy and keep running dungeons you know will pay well, especially a circuit that has multiple arenas. And as you guys know, a bigger team gets bigger prizes. I've actually promised DrumUltimA I'd go watch him perform on campus, so I'll be out for a while, but later on I'll be back in it to win it.

Edited by Garian

It's not entirely true that you get more stuff in a large group. The only thing you'll walk out with more of if you were in a group vs solo, is crystals cause there's more people to carry them out.

The heat and crowns generated are the same, as are the items, but you end up with less items since they are distributed round robin.

The energy always spikes on weekends, the question is will it settle back down after the weekend or settle in the 3800-4000+ range. Eventually it'll hit a point where people won't buy it (or won't be able to reasonably) and that's when it'll stop going up so much.

The heat and crowns generated are the same, as are the items, but you end up with less items since they are distributed round robin.

It's not necessarily round robin. My first run, I didn't get any of the drops until second floor. It kinda sucked. :-?

Also, what I do when I got items to craft is buy a bit of crystal EN with crowns, and just dungeon run with mist EN.

It's not necessarily round robin. My first run, I didn't get any of the drops until second floor. It kinda sucked. :-?

Also, what I do when I got items to craft is buy a bit of crystal EN with crowns, and just dungeon run with mist EN.

My mistake, they're randomly distributed it would seem, I wonder where it got into my head that it's round robin...

I just need a tier 2 shield before I can descend further. I spent all of my energy tonight making a magic cloak (with extra freeze protection) and a wrench wand. I had other things to do, so I didn't mind the night "off."

I got recipes for Owlite Shield and Jelly Shield if you're lookin' for a crafter.