OCR01323 - *YES* Space Harrier 'Limitless Skies'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/sharrier.zip - Tracks 2 & 5

Aside from the occasional fills, I didn't like the drumwork being plain & monotonous for so long (:11-1:22). Thank God that Carbo varied it up later on. I agreed with DS that some more presence on the high-end and cleaner guitar work would have been welcome, but it wasn't a big deal or anything.

The arrangement was definitely well-done. Solid expansion of the source tune, and, aside from the guitars needing to be a bit cleaner, the layering of both guitar tracks blended together nicely and was well executed. Cool move into Track 5 of the NSF from 1:46-2:08 including some original composition ideas added on top.

The mixing was particularly rough during 2:18-2:27, so just watch that for fuller sections in future works. Excellent arrangement on the last section at 3:13; cool ideas there, bro, and a very satisfying resolution to the track. Forgot what you call this style of rock, but it's definitely something we don't have enough of here. Great job, Christophe. Keep 'em coming!

YES

This seems to be the only song from the game that's mixed.

Uh, the guitars are just covering the melody for a while. Not sure what you two are talking about arrangement. OK, some ska-ish change-up at 1:30. Now we have an original bridge. Now back to covering the melody. The percussion is constantly on auto-pilot.

The guitars are lacking in high-end, low-end, and clarity; played well, but not mixed well.

For such a recognizable and covered melody, I would think that more variation and deviation would be in order for rearrangement. The song only begins to offer something new when it's half-way done.

Good ending though; there's the variation I wanted in the rest of the song.

NO

I'm pleased with this mix. its not the kind of music i would ever be caught dead listening to, but the performance is tight, the production is solid enough, and the arrangement is satisfactory. the song isnt monotonous, and while it does play the melody a few times, there's still plenty of arrangement for me. the more creative sections are particularly rewarding.

YES

this one is a winner. i love the tightness of the arrangement and the playing. the tone of the guitar is so perfect, its ridiculous. the drumwork and basslines are intelligent and a good backbone to the mix

the lead guitar is his best work yet, i think and very impressive. smart and flawless and at times, awfully creative arrangement. i love it.

YES