Contact Information

CJthemusicdude

Chris

CJthemusicdude@gmail.com

CJthemusicdude.com

CJthemusicdude

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Gunstar Heroes

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Green (Seven force) and Pinky's stage (Ancient ruins).

Name of remix: Rapid Chaser

Additional information: System = Genesis. Composer = Norio Hanzawa

Link to the original soundtrack:

and

Your own comments about the mix: Gunstar Heroes is a very tricky soundtrack to remix but it needs much more love so I gave it my best shot. I decided to mesh "Ancient Ruins" and "Seven Force" together. Hope you enjoy :D

Seven Force is a pretty cool source. Not really feeling Ancient Ruins, but you did some good work with it. Arrangement-wise, you've got a lot of different sections here, and there really isn't much flow between them. Can't say I'm feeling the sound effect transition at all especially; the momentum you had there was effectively killed. Each of these different sections could probably be expanded into their own songs.

Samples are pretty basic, although I think for the most part you are using them well. A lot of this feels mechanical as well, I think a little humanization will help things out a bit.

There are definitely some good moments in here, but I think this needs a lot of work on the arrangement, possibly an overhaul.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Some really cool arrangement ideas, and a few that fall flat. The transitions were a weak point, though the second SFX one worked better I thought.

The samples are pretty generic, and are sometimes effective, but the drums, orch hits, and a few of the pads sound really 1 dimensional. The mechanical sequencing isn't really helping either, and the explosion SFX sound like they are clipping the track. :/

I think the production aspect needs more polish, and the transitions could be improved, but arrangement-wise I think it's pretty good.

See if you can replace the samples with something a little more exciting, and clean up that clipping.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

Not a whole lot to add to what's been said. Transitions and sample quality were definite weak points here. Some distortion at :20 from pushing the levels too hard. As DA mentioned, some of these separate sections sound like they could develop into separate mixes, which prevents this from feeling overall like a cohesive arrangement.

You're definitely showing promise here, so don't get discouraged. Keep working on your mixes and definitely utilize the WIP boards and workshop mods if you haven't already.

No, resubmit please