Rocksmith (guitar game/real guitar(included?)

SonicThHedgog

- trailer

- gamer

- begginer

- musician

Any thougths on it? its suppost to use any real guitar, from electric to eletric acoustic, maybe a great replace ment to guitar pro tabs or guitar hero?

and its suppost to be beginners friendly, so while you play a game your learning how to play guitar.

well I doubt it can replace vhs/dvds or youtube guitar vids but hay, its worth a shot ehh?

What? An Ubisoft game that isn't "Press A" to action?

To be fair, this is a pretty good marketing campaign, although I would've liked more actual screen time from the game rather than brief cuts during each of the profiles. Definitely going to have to watch for more info as the release date approaches.

Get Rock Band 3. Get this. Ignore Ubisoft's cheap ripoff cash-in. Thank me later.

I have RB3 and I would like to get the Squire but I don't really have the money and the guitar itself is not appealing to me. Rocksmith allows you to play whatever guitar you want (apparently, we'll see how well that happens in practice)!

Honestly though, I think it's fantastic that the music games are stepping into the realm of teaching music or at least a specific instrument rather than miming colors and buttons. Hopefully the game will include some music theory to further develop the musician rather than just making someone a cover artist.

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting this thread from nearly a year ago.

Picked this up after I got a guitar about a month ago, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Great for beginners, and far better than what Rock Band 3 tried to do.

Here's a few videos of straight gameplay (NOTE: this guy has the note highway upside-down to correspond to tableture-style reading):

Hit detection is pretty damn good for the most part, but my hammerons and pulloffs don't always read correctly. Maybe they're not strong enough, or I'm not doing it right?

There are also minigames that give you individual frest to hit, specific chords to hit, and bending practice and whatnot. And videos on how to perform these techniques, and some basic guitar maintenance information.

Anyone else get this game? Thoughts, questions, comments? Any experienced guitar players opinions on this, it would be interesting to hear an actual musician's thoughts on this.

Also the guitar amp functionality is pretty high quality, I wish they would release a standalone VST version for music software.