*NO* Super Mario Bros. 'Get Down Like a Goomba'

OceansAndrew

Hi,

This is a remix/cover of the Super Mario Bros. theme, entitled "Get Down Like A Goomba." I accidentally submitted it using your contact form without fully knowing the process for submission, sorry about that. This is the official submission. The details for the submission are as follows:

ReMixer name: Sex Ray Vision

Real names: Ravi Parikh and Brian Yoo

Email: sexrayvisionmusic@gmail.com

Game: Super Mario Bros.

Original Song: Super Mario Bros. theme, AKA "Ground Theme"

Comments about the mix: This is an electro/dancefloor reintrepretation of one of the most famous video game soundtracks of all time.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ravi and Brian

First off, production was sweet. Perhaps a bit loud in the intro in some of the freqs, but you clearly know your stuff.

That said, unfortunately, this mix is far too liberal for OCR standards. Only source I could pick out was a couple direct quotes of the mario theme at :00 - :09, :42 - :58, & 1:28 - 1:30. We're really looking for more overt source usage as well as some level of interpretation/personalization on source themes.

Given your production chops, I definitely hope we can get something from you a bit more in line with site standards.

No

I wasn't as hot on the mixing; was a little weak in the lows and the stereo presence was a kinda thin, but nonetheless above the bar. gotta agree with the others on the arrangement. I was hearing a lot of references to the original in your original writing, but the source usage needs to be more overt. hope to see this one again soon!

NO (resub)