- Harjawaldar

- Mads Smebakk

- http://www.youtube.com/user/Harjawaldar

- User ID: 30387

- Chrono Trigger

- By the Old Mill

-

Comments:

I've been wanting to do this one for a long time, and when I saw it was Japan Month on DoD I couldn't resist! This is one of my favorite themes from a game full of great music. I've sort of found a my own formula for doing acoustic remixes now so I went with that.

The guitar sound itself was a little high and thin, but it worked really well, and at times felt like a musicbox or dulcimer. The arrangement was classy, and overall the performance was good. The organ at the end was nice as well, and I completely enjoyed this.

Some of the strums near the end felt a bit overly forceful, but that's the only thing I dislike about this.

Yes

Very nice performance here. Clever use of panning to fill out the soundscape and separate the parts. I agree with OA that the tone is a bit thin - could use some more body in the lows/low-mids.

Nice expansion on the source tune in the various added parts and flourishes. Goes into original territory for a while after the initial run though, which had me a bit worried, but you brought things back soon after and had some nice variations on the themes as the song progressed.

I actually wasn't as big a fan of the pads/organ that came in later. It sounded like it actually muddied things up a bit, rather than enhanced the mix. Transition at 2:41-2:43 felt a bit awkward.

Minor gripes aside, very nice track with great performances.

Yes

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to add to what the others have said. I was also worried at first that things were going to stay conservative, but you pulled it out into some nice original territory as things went along. There are a couple times where the arrangement feels a little sparse; either some more instrumentation or some backing pads could have filled things in in those spots, but it's a minor gripe.

YES