*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Smooth Wakeup'

djpretzel

This is a dreamish, upbeat, groove mix (something :) ) of the "Morning Sunlight" theme from Chrono Trigger.

About the remix, I was trying to make something dreamy and soft to listen to, and have tried to have a lot of stuff going on in the mix, and I feel satisfied with the outcome. The original song was short, and that made this a fun challenge to remix, aswell made me comeup with some original tunes for the song.

I hope you guys will enjoy the song, as much as I do.

Best regards

xaNax

xanax@rls.se

www.xanax-music.tk

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Morning Sunlight" (ct-1-03.spc)

Decent flow. You basically built some new stuff on top of the backing chord progression of the source until :39. The sounds were pretty basic. Finally at 1:35, some permutation of the brief melody of the source tune was used, though it was pretty liberal. Piano struggled to be heard amongst all of the other sounds, so watch the sound balance.

Cool little modulation/effect thingermabobber at 2:20. You indeed have a lot of ideas, but the arrangement/composition felt very unstructured and lacks any melodic direction. There's absolutely no flow here because of that; definitely a hard track to get into. Cool stuff so far, bro, but it needs more effort put into it. Good start though.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

i like the percussion.

i like some of the sounds.

i like how things build towards the end.

i don't like the emptyness this has at times.

i don't like the shrill eq on the cymbal.

i don't like the lack of tension.

i don't like the lack of a focused melody to bring cohesion.

i don't like the ending.

not a bad attempt, but it's not quite OCR quality...

no

There's nothing more to add at this point. I agree completely with the others. There's no meat to this. Everything sounds way too airy/trebly. You essentially have the melody, high pads, drums/perc. Where's the middle frequencies, where's the low end? This also needs to be expanded. It gets repetitive and feels underdeveloped.

Cool stuff, work on it more and give it more compositional and instrumental substance.

NO