getting rid of built in limiter

sorry, i just have a thing, where i want it to sound good on all speakers, even on stereos with a broken speaker...i am afraid if i pan it, they will miss some of the song. Also, I'm not sure if I pan on the left or right, what emotions will it evoke.

Panning everything to the middle makes compositions feel kinda bleh. Panning everything hard-left/hard-right can make compositions feel really bleh. In moderation, you can use panning to widen a mix and make everything sound fippy sippy pippy. The trick is to have a balance even when you use panning, so even though one instrument may be a deal more on the right side, the left side doesn't feel like it's empty.

A left pan is generally an indication of hate or fear. Hardpanning to the right has connotations of lust and sexuality.

this is one of the best posts I have ever read

...but you owe me a new keyboard, I got sprite all over mine

on topic,

40% is usually as far as I pan individual instruments unless I'm specifically trying to get a separated sound: guitar multi-tracking, pads, backing vocals, etc

though there are lots of tricks to make the stereo field seem wider as a whole