Wrong Castle

Comment stream, in no particular order.

Left panned snare is a bit annoying. It sounds like there be some clipping in this awesome intro! The electro-house melody is cool, and I like the piano you got going on there. The actual melody is a bakesale, too. The bowser "rawawrawrawr" touches are nice. The UNCE TSCHE is a beat I have used too many times, but it's a little bit too apparent here. The arpeggios are nice, but 2step doesn't really seem like an all out party here. The second half of the song doesn't really seem to have that much connection to the first half. Nice use of gating! Way too short.

this is a whole lot of fun. i also noticed some clipping in the intro and am not sure if the snare should be panned left, but other than that this is a great sounding mix. you've adapted the source really well into this style and your sound design choices are working really well together. i think you could keep going with this for a little bit longer - it feels like it's building toward something at the end and doesn't quite make it there. really nice work so far, though.

This is AWESOME. But like others said, the snare pan to the left is no good. You should try to center and dephase it. The intro is wierd. I would remove the 4/4 kick and start directly with the organ. The arp is NICE. Lot of thing going on this is 'headbanging'. At 1:08 I would change the snare sound tho to a more punchy like dubstep use. 1:28 Mechanics sounds are awesome FX. This is Epic my friend. MAybe expand it a little too would be cool. Like getting near 3:00. Cause it is short.

Hope it helped a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Im sorry for the delayed reply, my internet has been down for awhile. Thank you to everyone who left feedback. I am currently working on revising the song to be less of a combination of musical ideas and giving it more structure. I also have fixed most of the clipping and panning concerns, I believe, and I am working on extending the song and adding rhythmic variation to the drum patterns. Hopefully I will get back to you guys with the updated song soon but I am finding it difficult to find time to produce between school and work so it may be awhile.

Sexy shit, here. Going to mimic the comments on the clipping, though - that square bass is running really hot, and some other sounds are clipping, as well (and that's not counting the sidchaining, which while great for the straight four to the floor sections is excessive for the more complicated drum patterns).

The arrangement needs some expanding. It just sounds incomplete, as it is. What you have is awesome, but it sounds like half a song, right now.

Other than that, this one is great. Fix the chiptune tracks so they don't run so hot and expand it - from there you might have yourself an easy 'yes' on the panels. I'm surprised this source hasn't gotten more attention on OCR, actually; it's some pretty awesome stuff.

• 1 month later...

Well, after about 2 months of delay and a few "minor" changes, I have finally got a revision of this song I am satisfied with. The older version is still on my Soundcloud page for comparison. I have a few other projects I would like to start, so if you like my music you can follow me on Facebook for any updates.

http://soundcloud.com/8-bit-cosmonaut/bowsers-wrong-castle-1

http://www.facebook.com/pages/8-Bit-Cosmonaut/255539001130645

Thank you to everyone on here for your excellent advice and I look forward to posting more awesome video game music in the future.

F*** !! This is AWESOME. the 2 month wait was worth it! So much of good stuff in this.

The only thing that bothered me is the clap being pan to the left at 1:30. Otherwise, this sound perfect!

Thank you for catching that! I should have checked this mix with headphones. I'm considering doing a few minor alterations and making this song a finished work, does anyone have other suggestions for improvement?