*NO* Castlevania 'Underworld Pulse'

DragonAvenger

Hi dear Judges, I hope I don't sumbit too much mixes these days :D This one is from my Vampire Variations project, and as I'd like to release it through OCR, maybe you should consider it as a project track. :)

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Chernabogue

Your real name: Alexandre Mourey

Your email address: chernabogue@gmail.com

Your website: http://www.fflproduction.fr

Your userid: 20943

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Castlevania (NES)

Name of arrangement: "Underworld Pulse"

Name of individual song(s) arranged: "Underground" (I'm pretty sure this one was only in the Japanese version of the game), plus a bit of "Walking on the Edge"

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc.: Kinuyo Yamashita // NES/Famicon

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An3g-qD2bPA

Your own comments about the mix: I decided to arrange "Underground" because the rest of the album was already claimed. The track is very repetitive, so I included a bit of "Walking on the Edge", my favorite track from the classic soundtrack. Last year, during the Grand Maverick ReMix Battle, I arranged Duff McWhalen (yes, I call him/it like that, sorry DarkeSword!) in a percussion-only way (and got eliminated by neblix during the first round, sigh). However, I used all the feedback to make another track, in the very same way and that's how "Underworld Pulse" was born.

LINK to arrangement: MediaFire

I hope everything's okay! I don't think this one will pass the panel, but feedback will help me a lot. :D

Cheers from France!

-Alex

• 4 weeks later...

Way too much reverb, dude. It's a total cacophony with all of the reverb, and a lot of the drums are not mixed quite right, with the snare being overpowering, and not enough melodic percussion included. I do think that an all-percussive idea could definitely work with this source, but the mixing needs to have a stronger foundation, you need way less reverb, and the harmonies need to be fleshed out for it to remain interesting.

Good luck, I hope to hear a resub of this, because the concept is very nice.

No, please resubmit