seiken densetsu 3 - meridian child - 'dirty looking mana'

anterroir

You can't really extend the original, cause it's got soo much going on in between the lines that you can't carry over. So I tried the J'lo approach and covered shamelessly :nicework: to hopefully hide covering. :shock::sleepdepriv:

*don't take me too serious, I just wanted to get that one out before going to sleep*

The ending is definitely ****** but I ran out of ideas. Any suggestions ?

original:

remix: http://anterroir.com/ocremix/dirty_looking_mana.mp3

For some reason I don't really like the snare you're using. Would be good if you used a more "open" one beacause this one seems a bit stifled but thats just my preference i guess.

Is a little harsh to say the endings bad imo. Could be better like with any ending, but it works I think. Can't really give any suggestions for that but maybe someone else will.

I really liked this song btw. Good job so far

• 2 weeks later...

The bass is quite delish, definitely the most prominent thing in your mix. I would definitely suggest bringing the lead up to meet it though. Either a slight touch of volume, or layer another voice over it to give it more punch or character.

On that note, I think the second pass of your main melody could use something to differentiate it from the first, perhaps another voice playing counter melody, or another supporting element. As it stands, you don't really build much, it just kind of goes A-B-A-B.

If you build the soundscape more over the course of your mix, it would also help you with the ending, because you can easily dial things back down and end of a soft and thoughtful note, maybe just the high bell synth closing things out, etc.

Over all your idea works well and could be a very strong submission.