Sonic 3/& Knuckles - The Doomsday Zone (Reconstruction)

Iceferno

I spent quite awhile on this one. I tried to keep it close to the original, like with my Green Hill Zone remix. It was tougher than usual to get this sounding good mastering-wise, but I did my best.

Available to stream on YouTube:

An MP3 link is in the video's description.

Reverb, much? You seem to saturate the overall soundscape with so much reverb that it's hard to hear anything at all (I mean, I'm hearing decays with 2s+ on this). Dry up some of that reverb, or alternatively set some EQ on the reverb so it takes up much less space (something that Willrock does to his track, btw). Since this is a track that likes to step it up a note at a time the reverb has a doubly horrible effect on the track when it bleeds a line from one tonality to the next.

The EQ is very, very bright. Cut down on some of the highs and try to fill the lower end of the spectrum a little bit.

Conservative, yes, but it was still enjoyable, from what I could hear. It'd be great to hear some serious cleaning up on the overall track, though.

As I said above, I tried my best. I actually recorded each part in Wavs and put them back together because I thought it would sort out some overcrowding. Also, please don't use the phrase "...much?". You may be providing criticism, but that part just makes you sound like an elitist. I do kinda hate how technical people get on here. Barely a line of what you said stated that the remix was good. I thought I did good on arrangement, but I guess you were distracted by all the faults.

The arrangement was alright (like you said, conservative, and there's nothing wrong with that), but the track was messy. I would be flat out lying if I said your track was objectively 'good', because there is a lot of room for improvement (and I was kind enough to point out where those areas were). Sorry if you weren't looking for critique, but if you post in here you'll often come across someone that wants to help you get better at creating music. Take it or leave it, but it's silly to get angry because someone is trying to help you out.

I'll try to leave out the 'much' statement - I normally don't use it, but it's started to grow on me as of late :roll:.

Oh, and if I'm 'distracted' by the faults then many other people will be, too. It's better for you to fix the faults, if possible, than to get angry at listeners who are rightly 'distracted' by them. If there's a defect in a meal wouldn't it be silly for the cook to ignore the complaints by his/her guests?