TTT2 Concept Theme - Jin Kazama -TSUMETAI-

Rukunetsu

Ah yes, Jin's theme. One of my favorites and a tune I'm quite familiar with. I should really make a complete mix of it one day. BTW, Jin's theme is in TTT2 I believe.

I'm on headphones right now so I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like there might be just a little too much subs around the 20 second mark?

Jin's theme was very energetic in Tekken 3, this mix is way more mellow. The main melody from the source is too quiet in my opinion; It should be more up front as it is what drove the original. I really am liking the drums in this though and a lot of the little effects and transitions are great.

So, after a couple listens on these headphones, it sounds good overall. I'm not completely sold on the arrangement though. It lacks the excitement of the original. Either way, I still enjoy this mix.

Good Job

1) Addressing the sub issues as we speak 2) Was going for a slightly more mellow sound like you pointed out (seems to be what always end up doing regardless lol)...almost like Jin got older or something like that, but I was trying not to end up with something sounding just like Keiichi Okabe's T3 Jin mix. Regardless, I see where you're coming from and will strive to improve my arrangement skills for future mixes for sure.

That said, I'm glad you enjoyed despite the flaws. Thank you for the listen/critique.