Essential Synth Pop Samples

ad.mixx

Hey everyone.

For some random reason, I've been listening to a few synth pop songs on repeat lately, and have just had the urge to dive into this genre. There's just so many things that go into it that I know if I applied myself to it I would have a lot of fun with it. I've been listening to a lot of stuff on OCR (like this) and a couple of J-pop songs (by fellow remixer Hyadain and

song.)

Anyways, I think I'd love to do things like this. I've been wanting to learn and apply synthesis for a long time, but most everything I try I get bored of quickly and move on (mostly with hard techno songs). But I do like creating and arranging catchy melodies and applying lots of different instruments and effects.

So yeah, if anyone has suggestions for good samples or things to start with I'll listen (I use FL Studio)

Also if you have any music or artists you'd suggest to someone like me, I'm all ears. I'm not completely new to the genre, but I'm sure there's a lot of songs out there I could take tips from.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Really thank you.

To be honest, I like the idea of Z3ta+, but the idea of a hardware synthesizer is sounding VERY good to me for some reason. I'm just gonna keep looking up videos of them for a while.

I checked all the suggestions though. They're all pretty expensive (except for the software), and being in school full time right now, the chances of getting one doesn't look so great, but once I can get a job, I'm going to invest into them. I'll just be patient and do whatever I can with what free synths I have now (which is basically 3xosc and synth1 :P)

• 3 weeks later...