*NO* Gun.Smoke 'All Guns Blazin'

djpretzel

Email sub file Gunsmoke_All_Guns_Blazin_OC_ReMix.mp3

Hiya! my artist name is Fiddesan, fiddesan@hotmail.com , www.dragonz.se

Sorry dude i know you must have tons of shit to do but i couldent send it in another way than attachment (or maybe it's sorry for me ^^)

i think i got the tag allright...alittle unsure though because i couldent find any tag program that lets me do all the things you say in submission instructions

hope everything goes well...and great job with the site, OC truely RULES!

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/gunsmoke.zip - Track 2

Well, I appreciate the conservative genre adaptation here, I suppose. Not too much was done beyond some rhythmic alteration of the source tune, so I wasn't feeling the lack of interpretation here.

The synths were pretty basic and the atmosphere was a bit too muddy. There was a glassy-sounding, almost flute-like synth on support that was completely buried thanks to the cluttering created by the huge amount of reverb

The composition basically looped at 2:06, and there's not much more for me to say beyond that. The most important aspect to address with future works is to work on arrangement creativity via further interpretation. Throw more unique and personal ideas into the picture.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

drowning in reverb. the wierdness in the bass...so your polyphony is set to 1, and you're holding one note then hitting and releasing another one. it sounds reallly crappy because you didnt quantize it. The composition is missing chunks here and there...the arrangement is slapped together. the track is a mess. try to build a more solid foundation and do more than just repeat sections.

NO

incoherent at best. not sure where you're going half the time and while i am of the nature to assume intent, i can't put my finger on it and that's kinda scary, all things considered...

very wonky sounding. not sure if its the verb or as jesse points out, the unquantized bass which makes it sound awful and unconvincing.

NO

Not really much development or variety here. Most of the synths sound like the solo synth that we get in the intro. Combine that similarity with the gobs of reverb and you have a mush of indistinct sound. A stronger beat would have helped things but the percussion here is too quiet, not varied enough and drowned in reverb.

Aim for more clarity by choosing instruments that sound interesting together without sounding the same. Also, tone down the delay and reverb. Selectively apply those effects to individual instruments rather than pouring them over the entire mix.

Before submitting next time, take some of the great advice that can be found in the OCR ReMixing and WIP forums. My advice: have fun and keep working at it.

NO