Tenchu - Execute the Corrupt Minister

jugisahunk

Hi folks. I'm a long time listener (since 2003 I believe). Trawling through the mixes the other day, I chanced to search for Tenchu. If you ever played the original, the quality of the soundtrack would have made an impression on you as it did me, so much so that I went out and bought and imported the Japanese soundtrack.

It puzzled and dismayed me that this game has not been given any love thus far. I would like to request that a particularly well-done song from this album be considered, although the entire album is worth of remixing. The song is called "Execute the Corrupt Minister" and is the backdrop for a level where Rikimaru, a ninja of the Azumi clan, is called upon by Lord Goda to levy tenchu or "Divine (Heavenly) Retribution" upon an official in Lord Goda's government who is accepting bribes from individuals who are bidding on construction work.

Here is a

as part of the album's playlist.

If I may be so bold, I would suggest that the entire game's soundtrack be produced into an OCRemix album. The quality of the source material almost demands it. :)!!

I had plans to remix this song - Now I really have a reason to, as this is one of my fav tracks.

However, I have remixed 3 Tenchu tracks thus far. These were a while back though.

While not up to OCR album standards, know that there has been some love shown to Tenchu..juuuust not by the higher ups is all,lol ( . . as far as I know anyways). I hope you enjoy 'em though, and I'll do what I can regarding the mix. Great to see another Tenchu music fan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ruku, those are really well done. I enjoyed them very much.

Have you submitted them to be here on OC? They'd have to be crazy to decline any of those, especially the one for Crisis. In any case, keep up the good work.

Also, I hope to hear a remix of Execute the Corrupt Minister in the near future - not just by Ruku (though that'd be great, I'm sure), but by any artist that wants to give it a try.

- Jifuryu