Email Address:

Submission Information

Name of Game: Pokemon Black and White

Name of Arrangement: Shades of Grey

Name of Song: The End of Black and White

Platform: Nintendo DS

Original Song:

Comments: A remix of the end credits from Pokemon Black and White

Totally inspired by my girlfriend bugging me constantly about how epic it was!

Yeah, I was listening to this and was pretty afraid that it was just too close of a cover to count, and it seems that holds true :-( Your performances are awesome and really bump up the energy of the source, but it's not for OCR.

I do have a suggestion though, and that would be to really turn down your rhythm guitars to give all of your leads/drums/bass more room to breathe, they're really pushing hard and make this mix very harsh on the ears.

Enjoyable stuff though!

NO

Just want to echo the other judges here, it's a great cover, but is too conservative for OCR. Your girl has great taste in music, and you have some good guitar skills, so I'd definitely like to hear some more from you in the future. Even taking this, adding some melodic expansion and a shredding solo would be pretty sweet.

For production, I agree with Wes that the rhythm guitars are too loud, and are crowding out the leads and especially the drums. The drums feel super flimsy and weak compared to the crushing guitars, and it should be the other way around. Tone is good all around, it's just balance issues.

No