PRC208 - 8th Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

I often forget about this compo just out of being busy. But there is one place where it would be easy to see a reminder about this compo : facebook. Make a facebook page, I'd join it, send out a message about the newest competition, then I would be reminded, oh there's a competition going on.

It doesn't solve the problem of really obscure music being chosen however. Sometimes the song selected by someone is just something I'm not interested in.

Four songs, really nice and still two days left!!

After this round, PRC starts with PRC209 in the usual style. The winner of this round may select the source. One important change, a MID of the source must be included.

The winner also may select a source without a MID file. But in that case, he or she must select a second source with a MID file, because rounds without a MID are almost always rounds with <2 songs. In that case, remixing the source without a MID will be awarded with one bonus point.

I hope this small change brings many good rounds. After the voting stage of this rounds, which will end Tuesday 27nd of December, the winner has a maximum of three days to select the source so the next rounds starts after voting as soon as possible, but before Friday.

I might do something with Facebook as well, I'm not sure about that.

After this round, PRC starts with PRC209 in the usual style. The winner of this round may select the source. One important change, a MID of the source must be included.

The winner also may select a source without a MID file. But in that case, he or she must select a second source with a MID file, because rounds without a MID are almost always rounds with <2 songs. In that case, remixing the source without a MID will be awarded with one bonus point.

Bingo! Aside from school and life getting in the way, I only participate if there is a MIDI simply because I don't have a musical ear capable of picking out all of the notes.

Like Obtuse mentioned, there will still be times where the source just doesn't interest enough people. However, I definitely think having MIDI files required will make that less likely to happen.

One important change, a MID of the source must be included.
I only participate if there is a MIDI

Forcing people to provide a MID file will instantly reduce the game list to titles popular enough to have been covered on sites like VGmusic.com.

Obscure games coverage will most likely suffer from this choice, but paradoxically this might also solve the problem of attendance.

We'll just have to hope for the best and see how it goes. ;-)

Great number of songs, very good work everyone

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 6 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

DJ Mokram gets a three point bonus.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, December 27th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC209.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:grin:

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 6

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18 (21 for DJ Mokram).

Marcusg claims the last place wooden spoon with one point

Chroxic and Evktalo / His one year old daughter / Pleiade received five points, and the fourth place.

Sggod89 got a third place with ten points.

And the winners are DJ Mokram and Binweasel with 15 points.

Congratulations DJ Mokram and Binweasel, you both won this round. Each of you may select the next source for PRC209. Send your source to me by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before Friday.

Remember to select a source with a MID file added. You may also select a source without a MID, but then you must provide a second source with a MID file.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC208