Your ReMixer name : Rockos

Your real name : Roch Côté

Your email address :

Your website : None

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums : 44017

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged : Chrono Trigger

Name of individual song(s) arranged : Undersea Palace

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. :

First started as I was practicing on a dubstep track. I wanted to sound a little bit like Skrillex. Then came in mind; That chrono song was playing in my head. It sounded like dubstep to me. So I started playing around with some Oscilliator and then came with 4 or 5 different bass style with their own texture. I all sampled it in wav then worked again on those sample. Now then, I was playing a little game of what bass come after this one and then how many time I change sample. It all sounded so dirty! Layered kick and hi hat added some snare/clap. ET voilà!

After that everything placed in order and replayed the melody and changed some notes and added some time change signature! For the second part, I used Magus melody.

It was as if I were pro (since I'm not!) and I sounded so cool on this one. With Hours of work, this is what I've done and wanted to submit it.

Enjoy it and play it LOUD!

;-)

Resub add: Well, the community is Huge and they helped me a lot. If this one pass, I wanna thank each member of the community that contributed to this mix by helping me with their feedbacks. Many Thanks!

2nd Resub edit: Well... not much too say. I've been through a lot with this mix. I've worked long on that one and then my ssd failed at me with an old backup done. So I add to rewrite some parts and redo all the Eq I had already redone. I worked much on dubstep project and now understand why this hadn't past. So I rework a little the balance of all the thing there. I don't think this song could get any improvement since the original writting was poor. Now that I mastered some technique I can do better song and scrap this one. I Want to submit it anyway to see what I got more and wanted to thanks again all the community right here. This is awesome how people think and having a whole bunch of musician always to help is a great feeling.

I wanted to share this too with other people, hance the 2nd reason why I sent it. Enjoy and thanks again.

Ooohh, this is a really cool arrangement you've got here. But owww, the mid-high frequencies are really hurting my ears as a listener, and I actually listen to a lot of dubstep. You need to tone down the EQ on some of your most screechy synths so they still retain some power, but are more listenable.

Overall though, this is actually surprisingly close. As chopped up as your melody is, I can still make out the source pretty apparently. You keep things changed up frequently and introduce a lot of cool sounds. I'm really like it and would like this to pass, even though you've said you're not interested in touching this again, but I think you should definitely tweak the EQ on some of your synths (particularly the ones in the intro) and this would be good to go. Let's see what the other judges have to say about this.

NO (resubmit cond. on EQ fix)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...